Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Runnin' with the Rebels

As I began my adventure into pirating, I very quickly discovered one of the banes of pirates the universe over.  Target locating—it’s not easy.  When I say it’s not easy it’s probably best to say it’s not easy when you really don’t know what you’re doing.  I was relatively novice at the directional scan, didn’t understand the mechanics of GCC, can-flipping, or even dropping an item in a cargo can for an arranged fight.  My pirating consisted of roaming through low sec, scanning down my target only to warp to an object as my potential victim finishes aligning and warps away.  But this time was well spent practicing the d-scan.  This tool is immensely valuable, hated by those trying to learn it and loved by those who understand it.  I’m quite pleased to now reside in the latter.

As I continued to learn the basics of pirating, I began monitoring a few of the public communications of organizations dedicated to the profession of pirating.  I was particularly interested in the corporation of one Miura Bull, a nefarious pirate at best.  I located the public channel for his corporation and began to monitor it to get a feel for who these rebels were.  After a week or so I noticed that recruitment was open and decided to apply.  I figured what better way to practice my new profession than with a group dedicated to the same.  After all, how could I go wrong with a corporation that had Rifter in their name?  I applied, and after intensive interview (chronicled later, perhaps after the wounds heal), I was granted access to the ranks of the Black Rebel Rifter Club.  What has followed has been pure exhilaration.

No comments:

Post a Comment